Tuesday, 15 July 2014

A quick pizza :)

One night we were all getting dinner and since the weddings soon we aren't making big dinners but are using things that we need to use p or eating leftovers,as we don't need to do a big shop as we will be away in England.I came in from my run and decided to make a pita pizza.I knew it would be healthier than a real pizza and way quicker.
As I said I used a pita as the base.I used a wholemeal one as was healthier option.Then I topped with our homemade pizza sauce,sweetcorn,basil and obviously cheese.I used low fat mozzarella.Basically you put you pita and all its topping in a hot pan (with no oil) cook it till base is crisp them pop it in the oven till the cheese is melted and crispy.I served mine with salad you could do sweet potatoe chips or other things with it but I wanted to keep it healthy.It was delicious and I highly recommend!
Anybody done this or something similar?please give ideas below :)

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, this sounds and looks delicious! I have made quick, easy pizzas similar to that before with a tortilla + pizza sauce + all the fixings! I really love barbecue chicken pizza with red onions. Yum. Cool story... I used to work at a pizza shop! My favorite thing with throwing the dough in the air in a circular motion to make it a big circle and top it with cool toppings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks allie! great to see a new reader :) mmm I love bbq pizzas and that's so cool that you worked in a pizza shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good pita pizza! Sometimes I'm extremely lazy when it comes to making dinner (especially post workout or when I'm busy), and this is a classic! I've just found your blog and love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! and thanks i checked out yours its great love the name :) x

      Delete